- Google named Kannada as the worst language in the search results
- There was fierce anger against Google on social media
- Karnataka government said – will issue legal notice to Google
- Kannada is one of the oldest languages of India
During a search on Google, there has been a controversy over ‘Kannada’ being described as the most ugly language. People’s anger towards Google broke out on social media. Even the Karnataka government talked about issuing a legal notice against the tech giant. After all this, Google India issued an apology on
Dear Google, do you know this about Kannada?
The history of Kannada language is more than 2500 years old. Kannada speakers take great pride in this. It is the oldest language in the country after Sanskrit and Tamil and is also computer friendly like Sanskrit. An interesting thing is also that when we search on Google about ‘Queen of Indian languages’, the name of Kannada comes up. Kannada is a language that appears in the logo of Wikipedia.
How did you even bother to call such language ugly, Google?
- Kannada is one of the oldest languages of India.
- The number of people who speak it is 5.7 crores in Karnataka alone.
- Kannada is one of the scheduled languages of India.
- It is the official language of Karnataka.
- Kannada is the only Dravidian language that has been awarded eight Jnanpith Awards in literature.
- Ragale literature is found only in Kannada.
- Acharya Vinoba Bhave had given the Kannada script the status of ‘Empress of the world’s scripts’.
what is the status of lockdown in karnataka
Some names who grew up listening to Kannada speaking
- Sir M Visvesvaraya (Father of Indian Engineering)
- Sir CV Raman (Nobel Prize winning scientist)
- Field Marshal KM Cariappa (First Field Marshal of India)
- Dr H Narasimha (Physicist, Freedom Fighter)
- Pandit Bhimsen Joshi (Bharat Ratna winning singer)
- Gangubai Hangal (famous singer)
- RK Narayan (Author)
- Narayana Murthy (Infosys Founder)
- Azim Premji (Wipro Chairman)
- Girish Karnad (Actor)
- Rajinikanth (Actor)
- Prakash Padukone (Badminton Player)
- Mahesh Bhupathi (tennis player)
- Anil Kumble (cricketer)
- Shankar Nag (Actor)
- G V Iyer
- Javagal Srinath (cricketer)
- Rahul Dravid (cricketer)
- Lokesh Rahul (cricketer)
- Aishwarya Rai (Actress)
When people got angry, Google apologized
Kannada speakers were deeply hurt by what Google showed in the search results. Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister C.N. Ashwath Narayan demanded from Google to correct the search result. Kannada, Culture and Forest Minister Arvind Limbavali said in a conversation with the media that by sending a legal notice, he would seek a reply from Google.
What did Google say about the flaw in search results?
A Google spokesperson said in a statement that the results of the search were not his opinion from anywhere. If we are told a mistake, we rectify it.