- Earthquake tremors felt in Sonitpur, Assam on Sunday
- Earlier this month, the soil of Sonitpur was shaken.
- Three times earthquake has occurred in Assam this month
Earthquake tremors were felt in Assam on Sunday. These tremors were felt in Sonitpur area. The Richter scale earthquake peaked at 4.1. However, no loss of life or property was reported from the earthquake.
This is the second time in this month when an earthquake struck Sonitpur district. Earlier on May 5, earthquake tremors were felt here. According to the National Center for Seismology,
Earthquake also came on May 7
There was an earthquake on 7 May in Assam as well. Then its center was in Morigaon. The earthquake intensity on the Richter scale was measured at 2.8. The tremors were felt at 6.13 am in the morning.
What to do when an earthquake occurs
Although disaster does not provide a chance to recover, but you can definitely try to save your life by being a little vigilant. Know how you can be prepared to deal with an earthquake-like situation.
As soon as you feel the tremors of an earthquake, immediately leave the house, leave the office in an open space without delay. Stay away from big buildings, trees, electric poles etc.
– Do not use the lift to go out at all. Try to reach the bottom of the stairs.
– If you are in some place where there is no use to go out, then it would be right to find a place near you, where you can save yourself by hiding under it. Keep in mind that do not run away during the earthquake, it will be more likely to cause damage.
When earthquake, keep away from heavy items kept in windows, cupboards, fans, so that they do not get hurt due to falling and broken glass.
– Stride under strong furniture such as tables, beds, desks and hold its legs tightly so that it does not slide down by shaking.
– If there is no strong thing, then sit on the knee by covering the delicate part of the body like head, hands etc. with a thick book or any strong thing, by touching a strong wall.
– Do not stand near the opening and closing of the door, otherwise it can cause injury.
– If you are in a car, then stop the car on the roadside or open ground away from buildings, hoardings, poles, flyovers, bridges etc. and wait till the earthquake stops.