Indonesia’s Navy has announced the sinking of its missing submarine. After this announcement, the hope of surviving any of the 53 members of the crew aboard in it has ended. Army Chief Hadi Zahjanto said that along with the oil and debris found near the site of the island of Bali on Wednesday, the location on which the submarine was last seen on Wednesday is clear evidence that the KRI Nanggala 402 sank.
Admiral Yudo Margano, Chief of Staff of the Navy, told a press conference in Bali, “If there
The submarine had three days of oxygen left
Hundreds of military personnel and hundreds of military personnel were engaged in the search for this submarine. However, there was only three days of oxygen left after the energy was lost, whose time expired on Saturday. Naval Chief Yudo Margano said that the submarine is now believed to be submerged. He made it clear that the goods that were found belonged to no other ship.
Could not withstand much pressure
The submarine went missing during a practice on Wednesday. Oil was spread at the place where it was feared to be drowned. It was estimated that there was a fatal accident due to damage to the fuel tank. It could withstand a pressure of up to 700 meters and was prone to burst when it went down. Permission to dive was sought on its behalf but after that it lost contact.
Indonesia bought this submarine from Germany
The KRI Nangagla 402 is a German submarine called the Indonesian Navy Was commissioned in 1981. This submarine was preparing for missile firing maneuvers to be held on Thursday. Several other military officers, including military chief Hadi Zahjanto, were to participate in the exercise. The Defense Ministry said in a statement that the submarine was given permission to dive and has not been contacted since then.