Digital Desk, Chennai. In the 17th match of IPL 2021, Punjab Kings defeated Mumbai Indians by 9 wickets on Friday. This is the second win of the Punjab team this season. With this, the team reached number 5 in the points table. Rohit Sharma put a fifty in the match, but the 60-run innings of Lokesh Rahul was heavy on him.
Batting first after losing the toss, the Mumbai team scored 131 runs after losing 6 wickets. In reply, Punjab Kings lost the match by losing 1 wicket in
Rahul overtook Dhoni in the highest FIFTY case
Lokesh Rahul made 24th FIFTY in IPL. With this, he has left behind Mahendra Singh Dhoni. Rahul achieved this feat in the 86th match. While Dhoni made 23 fifties in 208 matches. At the same time, Rahul has equated Robin Uthappa in terms of maximum FIFTY. Coincidentally, all three are wicketkeeper batsmen.
MI captain Rohit hit half-century
Mumbai Indians scored 131 runs losing 6 wickets. Captain Rohit scored the highest 63 runs off 51 balls. Apart from him, Suryakumar Yadav scored 33 runs. Spinner Ravi Bishnoi, playing his first match of the season, took 2 wickets. Fast bowler Mohammed Shami also hunted 2 players.
- Punjab Kings got off to a brisk start after chasing a target of 132 runs. Opener Rahul and Mayank had added 50 runs off 38 balls.
- There was a partnership of 53 runs on 44 balls between the two. Spinner Rahul Chahar caught Mayank out for 25 runs.
- Rahul held one end. He, along with Chris Gayle, took the team score to 100 runs in the 16th over.
- Captain Rahul completed his fifty in the 17th over. In the last 3 overs, the team needed 17 runs to win.
- Mumbai had a poor start. The team lost the first wicket for 7 runs. Deepak Hooda caught Quinton Dickock for 3 runs in the second over of the innings.
- Due to this setback, the team was able to score only 21 runs after losing 1 wicket in Powerplay (6 overs). The team received its second setback on a score of 26.
- Ishaan Kishan was dismissed for just 6 runs off 17 balls. Playing his first match of the season, Ravi Bishnoi got him caught by wicketkeeper Rahul.
- Opening captain Rohit Sharma held one end. He teamed up with Suryakumar to advance the innings.
- Mumbai’s run pace slowed after the initial 2 wickets at Chennai’s turning track. The score reached 50 runs in the 11th over (61 balls).
- Rohit and Suryakumar partnered for 50 runs off 36 balls while partnering for the third wicket. After this, Rohit completed his 40th FIFTY in IPL.
- Together the two batsmen reached the team score of 100 runs in the 16th over. The team received a third blow at the score of 105.
- Bishnoi hunted Suryakumar. Suryakumar partnered 55-ball 79 for the third wicket with Rohit.
- The team could add only 7 runs that Rohit also returned to the pavilion. He was caught out on the boundary by Fabian in the affair of putting a six on Shami’s ball.
- Half of Mumbai’s team returned to the pavilion at a score of 122. Hardik’s poor form also continued. He was caught out by scoring just 1 run.
- MI team scored 4 wickets losing 4 wickets in the last 5 overs. Kieron Pollard was unbeaten on 16 runs.