Digital Desk, Chennai. Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Punjab Kings by 9 wickets in the first match of the second double header of the IPL 2021 season. Batting first after winning the toss at Chepak Stadium, Chennai, Punjab were all out by scoring 120 runs in 19.4 overs. In response, Hyderabad won the match by scoring 121 runs for 1 wicket in 18.4 overs. Johnny Bairstow was 63 not out and Kane Williamson was 16 not out.
This is Hyderabad’s first win this season. Earlier, the team had to face defeat in 3 matches.
Fabian gets wicket in IPL debut match
Earlier, SRH captain David Warner was out for 37 off 37 balls. He shared a 73-run partnership with Bairstow for the first wicket. Warner was caught by Fabian Allen in the hands of Mayank Agarwal. It is also Fabian’s first wicket in the IPL. This all-rounder from the Windies is also an IPL debut match.
However, Bairstow made the 7th FIFT in the IPL after that. This was his second fifty this season. Earlier, Bairstow had scored 55 runs in the first match of the season against KKR. Bairstow made an unbeaten partnership of 48 off 52 balls for the second wicket with Williamson to win the team.
Khalil and Abhishek comprise half of Punjab’s team
Left-arm fast bowler Khalil Ahmed gave Punjab 3 shocks. He sent Mayank Agarwal, Fabian Allen and Shah Rukh Khan to the pavilion. Apart from this, left-arm spinner Abhishek Sharma gave 2 shocks to Punjab. He dismissed Deepak Hooda and Moises Henriques.
- The team received its first setback as captain Lokesh Rahul. He was dismissed for 4 runs off 6 balls. He was caught by Bhuvneshwar Kumar at the hands of Kedar Jadhav, playing the first match of the season.
- After this, Punjab lost 3 wickets within 8 runs. Mayank Agarwal, Nicholas Puran and Chris Gayle could not do anything special and were out early.
- Mayank and Puran were dismissed on a team score of 39. Mayank scored 22 runs off 25 balls. He was caught by Khalil in the hands of Rashid Khan.
- At the same time, Puran was run out by Bairstow at the throw of Warner. Gayle was LBWed by Rashid on a total score of 47 runs. Gayle could score 15 runs off 17 balls.
- These in-form batsmen Hooda and Henriques were expected to lead the team to a good score. But he also got out early. Both were dismissed by Abhishek. Hooda was out for 13 off 11 balls. At the same time, Henriques was able to score 14 runs off 17 balls. Heinrichs is stumped by Bairstow.
- Playing the first match of the season, Fabian was able to score 6 runs off 11 balls. He was caught by Khalil at the hands of Warner. Shahrukh was dismissed for 22 runs off 17 balls. Khalil catches him in the hands of Abhishek.
- After this, Siddharth Kaul dismissed M Ashwin (9 runs) and Vijay Shankar, Mohammad Shami, dismissed Punjab’s innings for 120 runs.
Punjab: Lokesh Rahul (Captain), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Moises Henriques, Nicholas Pooran, Deepak Hooda, Shah Rukh Khan, Fabian Allen, M Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh
Hyderabad: David Warner (Captain), Johnny Bairstow, Kane Williamson, Virat Singh, Vijay Shankar, Abhishek Sharma, Kedar Jadhav, Rashid Khan, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Khalil Ahmed, Siddharth Kaul
Nothing has gone so far in IPL for PBKS and SRH. Sunrisers Hyderabad are at the 8th position in the points table after losing all three matches. At the same time, Punjab’s team is at number 7, winning 1 out of 3 and losing 2.