West Bengal News: Compensation for loss due to cyclone yas in Bengal, 50 percent application is fake


Kolkata
The West Bengal government has found 50 per cent of the applications for compensation for damages caused by the cyclone to be bogus and rejected them. These applications have been found to be fake during the verification done on the spot by the district officials.

A senior official said the government had received at least 3,81,774 applications in the camps set up under its Dwar Tran (relief at the door) program last month. “After the verification of all the applications done between June 18 and 30, at least 1,86,815 applications have been rejected,” the official said. These applications are mainly rejected by the Block Development Officers or the heads of the Urban Local Bodies as they have been found to be bogus.

Yas wreaked havoc in May
Cyclone Yas made landfall in West Bengal and Odisha in May. It caused a lot of destruction, especially in the coastal areas. Of the 1,62,586 applications filed from South 24 Parganas district, 75,773 were rejected. Similarly, out of 1,17,654 samples from East Midnapore, 72,878 samples have been rejected. “We found that out of 14,000 applications filed from Nandigram-I Division, 12,000 are bogus. Out of 6,874 applications for Egra II, only 52 were found genuine.

.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Hot Topics

Related Articles

You cannot copy content of this page